Saturday, March 3

dear, dear, dear

dear sabrina,
i think you might hate me for telling you i was getting married by sending you an announcement.  which i think you received after i was married... but i still love you and think about you tons.  here's to writing you an actual letter this month.
love dido.

dear mom,
i miss sitting at the kitchen table with you eating healthy treats, playing games, and talking about lots of nothing that meant everything.  i miss you.  thank you for sending me my wedding cake and the remote to our tv.  now we can watch new episodes of psych and the office while we're eating cake.  i've been meaning to call and catch up.  here's to skyping for more than ten minutes with you and dad tomorrow.
love your daughter.

dear blog,
you still don't look like i want you to, but no worries.  after an hour and a half, i finally figured out how to use my scanner.  now, you won't be sad much longer! :)  here's to making you awesome.
love your scribbler.

dear taylor,
this morning you saw your first client.  i'm proud of you and will always admire your drive, ambition and proactive life.  thank you for going to school to make the world a better place and to help us have the money to live some of our dreams.  i can't wait to hear how it went.  here's to getting you through school with my sad little income.  i love you muches.
love your wifey.

dear brian doyle,
you've made me cry twice already in the last two weeks.  your exploration of the mad wild miracle of the heart inspires me, uplifts me and gives me motivation to talk to strangers.  you're downright right.  everybody has a story.  why don't i start asking them to tell it?  here's to savoring the last fourth of your book.
love your avid admirer.

dear lunch,
i don't know what to eat for you, but i'm darn hungry.  here's to finding something with good enough left-overs that i'll like them for dinner on my break, too.
love your eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment