Saturday, March 3

from cold to dates and work to goals

this morning i'm freezing.  fingers cold, lips blue even after blowing my hair dry at high heat {bad for my hair? yes. but i had to do something to stop the goosebumps from spreading}.  so here i sit, massive mug of hot chocolate in hand, still trying not to shiver.

i live by the phrase "cold hands, warm heart."

this morning, i skipped the gym {which i'm sure i'll get my fill of over the next four weeks}.  however, i still put in a pretty strenuous full-body strength workout with taylor.

my fruit bowl is heaping - yams, two bunches of bananas to satisfy my need for green smoothies, two grapefruits the size of my head, a red onion, little dry clementines and a bunch of garlic.  fruit is one of the most beautiful things in the world.

last night, after my complaining that sometimes i just didn't feel like making dinner, taylor shewed me out of the kitchen and made some delicious paninis with more homemade onion rings.  it was divine - to eat delicious food i didn't make, to have time to talk with mindy, and to work out some blogging kinks.  it was also divine to eat our wedding cake before dinner, play two rounds of bananagrams afterward {i finally broke his winning streak!}, and then have him follow me around reading fablehaven while i got ready for bed and took my daily vitamins.  it was a pretty beautiful date-night, overall.

and in retrospect, i'm even more glad i turned down the offer for five more hours of work yesterday.  it paid off.  my manager sent me a text this morning asking if i was comfortable closing without supervision tonight {for the first time - i've only closed once before}.  after consideration, i told him i thought i'd be fine.  he replied by saying he has total confidence in me.

it's good to be validated - especially by the person who's writing your paycheck twice a month.  i feel empowered after his comments.

i also can't wait to take a break at work tonight.  silly, i know, to be looking forward to my break before i've even started working.  but just see - yesterday, they switched the classic-flavored machines.  now, we have chocolate.  and it's hands-down the best chocolate frozen yogurt i've ever had.  i plan to drench it with caramel and white chocolate sauce, maybe some strawberries and granola... and savor every last lick.

monday starts the beginning of my kick-butt goals.  an hour of exercise a day, sugar once or twice a week, and no more telling myself that i feel like crap or that i hate my body.  i've fallen back into all that negative self-talk more than i'd realized.  yesterday, when i was feeling the fear, i noticed how the fear slowly morphed into a committee in my head that was critically analyzing my failure in every area.

and that's when my commitment to these new goals hit an all-time high.
no more of that.  you are what you think {..and eat} and i'm not going to tear myself down any more.

i started a project once to change the way i viewed my body.  i wrote about the beginnings in my previous record, and kept at it mentally for quite a while, but didn't write about it very often.  this time, i'm going to chart my progress, watch my growth, and be mindful of how i'm doing with it all mentally and physically.

the biggest goal this time is to intentionally create goals that will form a lifestyle i can maintain.  one that will help elevate my thoughts, work my body, and have me feeling happy, healthy and balanced.  not restricted and perfect.

after all, i'm striving for progress here.  not perfection.

over and out.
have a sunny weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment