Wednesday, February 29

day number one: a girl who knows nothing about coffee


day one of work done! my feet hurt, my middle back is aching a little and overall, i'm pretty tired.  today, i successfully switched the till, closed the till, counted the till, and ran the register for eight hours straight.  i also made small and large smoothies of every variety.  i only made one latte... and it exploded all over me, the machines, the floor, and the counter.  luckily the customer didn't see.  sadly, i think i served her a lukewarm tuxedo latte.  hope she liked her white and dark chocolate.

that experience out of the way, i can absolutely say that i don't mind my job at all, and after a bit of getting it into my comfort zone, i might like it quite a bit.  except for the coffee.  i just can't wrap my mind around coffee, still.  i've never had it, never made it, never been around it.  when someone wants a mocha, i couldn't tell you the difference between a caramel mocha and double chocolate frappe.  sadly, they also don't use recipe charts for the coffee, although they do for just about everything else.  eek.  i'm afraid i might splatter steamed milk all over me multiple more times before i get anything right in that zone of the work space.

that aside, i worked with a boy named pierce today.  pierce is scruffy, with a padawan braid that extends from the nape of his neck to his shoulder.  he's quiet, but he gets the job done and steps out of what's comfortable to do it right.  seems like a decent sort of man-in-formation.  katie closed with me today and despite the high-school-senior vibe she radiates, she was mildly pleasant.  i'm also afraid my manager is a down-right gossip.  makes me worry about staying on his good side a little, although {insert formation of a new self here} i know all i have to do is stick to my truths and i'll be just fine by me and God.

i found out today that every shift i work i get a free "whatever i want."  basically it made my day.

after that knowledge, i can tell you the white peach frozen yogurt mixed with blueberry frozen yogurt is practically one of the best things you'll ever put in your presently flavor-deprived mouth.

yum.  really, that's about all i can say.

over and out - it's way past bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment