Sunday, March 4

living the artful life


this week, i want to live a little more with this in mind.  be a little more punky brewster with my wardrobe.  drink a little more herbal tea and recognize that the drinking of it is beautiful in and of itself.

i love art.  and to recognize that i am {indeed} art, that would be a beautiful thing.  this week, i'll notice the artful things.  i'll notice that the way i tuck my hair behind my ear is uniquely mine.  i'll recognize that the mukluks i wear are actually a piece of art {of which i ought to take a photograph so my children will believe that i did used to wear something that cool}.  i'll give myself permission to call the color and shape of my eyes artful.  i'll allow myself to agree that my goals are a staple in the piece of art that i am.




i learned several things today.
one.  my husband is a pessimistic post-positivist.
two. waking up at 4:30 am. for two days and going to bed at 12:30 am. a day later is going to get to me eventually.  let's hope i can find a way to be consistent even with switching off between closing and opening.
and three. although i get anxious during situations in which i stand up for an opinion that isn't mutually supported, i can.  and it isn't the end of the world.

happy sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment