Saturday, March 17

respect, haystacks and my husband

happy st. patrick's day!!

a little late, i know, but better than never!  i didn't actually realize it was a holiday today until two hours into work - a bummer because i got off work with a half hour left of the day.  but because i'm a believer that holidays MUST be celebrated, i'm going to celebrate tomorrow.  probably just by wearing something green and making some green food.  green smoothies...green peppers on my pizza... or maybe i'll paint my nails green.  or something like that.

anyway, on with life.  it's late and after a throbbing headache all through a nine hour work day, i'm ready to hit the sack.

today, i'm grateful for my husband's support.  today marks the first full week of my gym-going goal and he's been with me through all of it.  there were probably three days that if he wasn't going, i probably wouldn't have gone.  seriously.  i'm so grateful to have a husband who supports my goals and desires so much.  he cares so much about me and it brings more joy into my life than i can describe.

today, i'm also thankful for hawaiian haystacks.  yes, i brought dinner to work tonight. {yippee!!!!}  the norm lately has seen me forgetting dinner and just grabbing a smoothie or something during work.  this results in me also snacking all through work and the customer's left over smoothies and such.  which results in me having an upset stomach and teeth that still really want to chew something.  tonight, rice and gravy tasted so deliciously good to me.  it was satisfying and fulfilling.  aaaand helped my motivation to eat less sugar and more nourishing food this coming week.

i'm also grateful for my manager's son today.  his playfulness reminded me of the joy of simple things.  why don't i do a dance when someone gives me a glass of apple juice?  not that it happens often, but i'm just saying... next time i have a glass of orange juice in the morning, i hope i dance.  he made me feel a little more alive tonight.

and one last thing.  i'm grateful for an employee who {despite past actions that would suggest otherwise} told me that i had her full respect.  it's nice to be complimented and know that someone respects you as their supervisor - especially since the statement came after she'd asked me if i was a mormon several minutes earlier.

and now to bed again.  tonight, i'm also grateful for my bed.  on nights like this, nothing feels as good as climbing into a big cozy bed.

i think i'll go do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment