Monday, March 5

day one.

today marks the beginning of a set of goals that i'm anticipating will make quite the difference on my current quality of life.  for about a month now, i've been stuck in the blah's.

backing up, for several weeks before getting married, there was company, i was stressed, we ate out often, we ate sugar more often, and i didn't exercise nearly as much as i planned.  after getting married, i relaxed.  i didn't exercise the for two or three weeks straight and my diet stayed in sugarland.  even after settling into our new apartment and started to buy and make real food, i found myself supplementing every meal with a dessert... or two.  and not those great healthy, homemade desserts i love.  lots of brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and the like.

after a good three months of this, my head's hurting quite a bit, i'm not dealing with stress the way i know i'm capable of, my jeans {and especially underwear} are uncomfortably tight, and i'm tired more than i'd like to be.

the good thing is that i know how to change this.

so today marks day one of buckling down on all the things that maintain my health and keep me happy and feeling chipper.  here's the rundown:


  • exercise: 45+ minutes a day (60 = goal), 6 days a week, allowing 2 miss days in a 4 week period
  • nutrition: sugar only 1-2 times a week {enforcing the 80/20 rule here}.  3 meals a day + a healthy snack if i need one {or two depending on my exercise schedule}.
  • think: positive thoughts about myself - create a healthy psychological environment
i'll also be tallying up how many times a week i make time for relaxation yoga and how many affirmation/breathing/stretching sessions i get in, as well.  those i'm being a little more relaxed about because i don't want to be a drill sergeant with myself - just get mindful of those things so they can increase.

aaaand here's my little chart i've made up for myself.  notice the first day's a success! ;)


notice the quote at the top - this is the motto.  the goal is to adjust this as necessary to so i can be super consistent and maintain it for a long time.  eventually, that'll mean cutting down the exercise strictness.  for now, that's to boost my motivation and help me get to the gym.

which.... as of today, i am the proud owner of a gym membership!  it's a darn good thing our apartment complex has an agreement with gold's gym.  let's all give a round of applause for a free gym membership.  yay!!!!

anyway, the workout today was a bit intimidating, it being my first time inside a real big-sized gym, but it felt good to move.  it was also great to go without dessert - today was a boost in confidence.

i got this thing.

'night, world.  off to sleep away my exhausted legs and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment