Saturday, February 5

the un-outfit post #1

day four.

task: post a picture of your favorite outfit.

well, to be honest, i don't have a favorite outfit.  i have a lot of them!  my dad has always calls me punky brewster, and i love that he does!  for me, a really really good outfit day is one that i don't think i could pile on more patterns or colors if i tried.  no worries, i usually don't look like a fool when i leave my apartment.

BUT! no picture of that today!  i don't love outfit posts.... i don't know, it seems a little too much like.. "look at me and my CUTE clothes!"  i'll post one throughout this challenge, maybe, so my children can appreciate that i looked crazy even when i was their age.

something a little more exciting than an outfit happened today... i got a haircut! eeeek!

usually, the following happens:

stage 1: i hate my hair and schedule a hair appointment.
stage 2: i decide i really like my hair, consider canceling my appointment and am convinced by others to keep it - for my sanity and theirs.
stage 3: i consider a kazillion different hair styles, from pixie cuts to different colors.
stage 4: nervously, i go to my appointment.
stage 5: i come out hating life intensely.  i consider suing the stylist, shaving my head, and posting hate notes about the salon all over town.
stage 6: my roommates, friends and family avoid me for two weeks until i blow the steam off and decide it'll grow out.

but THIS time...
this time is different.  everything panned out as usual until i entered the salon.  i sat in a massage chair while they washed my hair, the stylist listened to me and took time on my hair - not rushed a bit!  and i walked out loving my hair more than i have in over a year... or maybe over two years.  for the first time in a long time, i feel very... me.  very very me.
it's really good to have me-hair back.

so.

this is it!  i tried to post a video... but it wasn't working. and i don't know why. soooo i'll get that figured out sometime soon and post it then. 



fun, yeah?? :)

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE your hair!!! so darn cute!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuuuute hair lady! but i admit, i was expecting something extreme (like a mohawk) from your vow of secrecy. tell me, could it have been THAT BAD to tell me what you were doing? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute hair and cute outfit! in fact, where did you get that sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! :) i bought the sweater at forever 21 at the beginning of the winter - it's super cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the hair, and the outfit!

    ReplyDelete