Saturday, March 12

updates!

new little addition to the blog! {really, just phase I of redesign phase II - you know my lists.}  the recipe page is going to be updated once a week - new goal here!  my bookshelf will also be updated periodically, as i add books to the list and finish those i'm in the middle of.  {also feel free to suggest books and recipes - i love a challenge!}  aaaand, the me currently section will be updated every. . .so often. :) you know, whenever there's a massive change in my life or the old one is ridiculously out of date. that sort of thing.

below is my second.  cataloging for records sake. . .
enjoy the additions!


currently changes quite a bit.
this is my current: 11. march 2011.

currently, i live in a spacious first floor apartment {too spacious, sometimes, with three people where there could be four}.  from my bedroom window, i have a grand view of the back parking lot.  this window also supplies me with ample amounts of sunlight in mid-afternoon.  perfect for glorious sunny naps, i tell you.  those don't happen nearly often enough.  spacious 103 will be my home until the end of april, at which time i will go adventuring {seattle, here i come!}.

my second-to-last semester at brigham young university sprung me with a massive case of senioritis, but i persevere.  despite the lagging homework drive, i am still madly passionate about research.  each new little piece of information thrills me and {i'll be honest here} makes my heart pound.  chocolate-peanut-butter anything has a similar effect.

this summer i'll discover how i feel about the behind-the-scenes aspect of research as i intern with the flourishing families project.  i'm nervous, to say the least.  but also exhilarated.  i never thought my major {or anything else for that matter} would take me to such a big city. . .for such a crazy reason!  my strategy is the take one day at a time method.  so for now, i'm focusing mostly on finishing my abstract for the article i present at the fulton research conference.  yeah, talk about scary!

lately, i love to run.  okay, really, i always love to run.  but this year, i've discovered a new dimension.  i finished my first race (a 9k in hurricane, utah) just a couple weeks ago.  massive accomplishment.  STILL patting myself on the back for that one.  also, it has me addicted - i can't stop myself from constantly checking my times for improvement and scoping out upcoming races i might be able to sign up for.

after several years of switching back and forth between a vegetarian and a vegan diet {with intermittent dabbling in the world of raw food}, i'm slowly adding meat and animal products back into my diet.  slooooowly.  right now, i eat eggs.  i had a tiny bit of chicken last week, too.  i still go back and forth.  mostly, my food philosophy is to eat three balanced meals a day, stay away from processed foods and sweeteners, and eat as many vegetables as i can take.  of course, my sweet-tooth reminds me that feeling deprived is not part of a balanced diet.  thus, every now and again, i enjoy something sinfully out of my food plan.  and yes, i always enjoy it thoroughly.

a few things that have me excited about life currently: dr. day's the power of sacred living lecture, ohsheglows energy bars headed my way, bombay house splurge tonight {just about the best indian food on the planet}, the prospect of "the most beautiful running trail in the world" just five minutes from my seattle apartment {as dictated by my internship team leader}, curried lentils, nut butter oatmeal - complete with fifteen mix-ins, sunshine finally coming out more often, and i can now hold plank pose for forty-five seconds.  yeah, i'm a yoga addict.

and now i'm off to do homework!
life is a pretty little pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment