Monday, March 7

i'm baaaaack!

that's right.  i'm back up, back online, back to blogging! {not to mention doing homework...something that didn't get quite as finished without the convenience of a computer.}

here's the story {of my unexpected absence}:

one morning, i woke up late.  not unusual; this semester i've been waking up late almost every day i have class.  i hope to end this habit when the weather decides to let the sun shine in the morning.  scrambling for time, i turned on my computer to type up a paper quickly before i ran to class with no make-up on.  *note: this is how you know you have senioritis - when you're writing {not just printing} your papers a half hour before class starts.  yeah.... i digress.

so, i wrote the paper, hit the print button, crammed it in my backpack, shut my beautiful green laptop, and ran to school.  yes, i was over five minutes late.

fast-forward five hours.  i came home from class looking slightly disheveled because of my lack of umbrella in the rain, but i did not have mascara running down my cheeks because i never put it on that morning.  i went to room, opened my beautiful green {did i mention cooperative?} laptop to look up a few blogs, check my facebook. . . waste time.  after wasting a significant amount, i dragged my feet into the kitchen for lunch.  dragged.  you see, i'd been back from st. george for a week and still hadn't managed to get myself to the grocery store to buy produce.  and... a lack of produce = no motivation to cook.

i opened my cupboard.
i opened the fridge.

...and then i heard a strange sound coming from my bedroom.  something was clicking.  something was beeping in a really strange sort of way.

i went to investigate found a dead computer.  beeping, clicking, and a black screen.  i couldn't wake it up.  after a few minutes, it died altogether.  restarting it only aggravated the condition because it kept exclaiming {in capital letters} that it COULD NOT FIND THE INTERNAL DRIVE.  bad sign.

byu's computer repair center tells me the hard drive is fried - no chance of ever seeing those files again.  luckily, i have brothers-in-law in high computer places who assure me i can at least get something off.  i pray i can.  really hard.


but for the time being i have a new little laptop.  one that is not green, is short, and enjoys undoing all the customizations i give it.  that's right, this little brat is a dishonest computer.

i'm determined to tame it?  and give it a name.

once i stop being bitter about my dead baby laptop...the beautiful green one.

this new computer is insisting a few changes as well.  i can't stand the way my blog looks on the screen.  this screen is like....extra extra EXTRA stretch.  vertically, it looks like they were trying to save money, and horizontally, i think the designer thought he was assembling a wide screen television.  so, i think my blog looks really strange only taking up less than half the screen... so.  time to redo that. again.
i'm also going to be using grooveshark.com a heck of a lot more.  me without music is just a bad idea.  and at the moment, this unnamed silver object is musicless.

but.  for now, i need to stop trying to make it listen to my customizing suggestions and find something to eat.  because my neck hurts tremendously from looking down and craning my neck forward to see the minuscule text.  why? why make such a massively long screen and fill it with text {i swear} a font size 6? why?  unless every dell designer in the universe has eye sight like superman.  in which case, they should go back home.

and now... dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back!! I have checked your blog everyday...and now you are posting again!! it just made my day!! but I am very sad about your computer :( I loved it so much, this new computer has a lot to live up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible! I sure hope that you can train your new computer to do what you want it to. Just a suggestion: External hard drive. You can get one for like $100 at Best Buy but it is totally worth it. I missed reading your blog, I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete