Sunday, June 20

rejuvenation

so.

spring semester is finally, finally over.  i'm still a little frantic.  i keep trying to remember and make mental lists of everything that needs accomplishing and what gets turned in when.  only after a few minutes of that do i realize, hey wait.  i'm finished. i don't actually have any deadlines to meet for the next two and half months.  i'm a little surprised at how long it's taking to sink in.

but, not surprisingly, my body has already realized that the backpack full of stress has been lifted.  and, naturally, it does what it usually does after all the stress goes away.  i crashed.  i've slept until noon the last two days in a row {which isn't unusual after a demanding semester}.  i've been a little dazed.

so i decided to give myself the weekend off. i haven't (and i'm not going to) read anything until monday.  i'm not going to worry about how much i should exercise, what i should eat, or what projects i want to jump into.  until monday.  i think it'll be good for me to have a little wind-dooown time, before i start sewing, painting, and (oh yeah) frantically searching for a job. any suggestions? ... i need them.  pathetically.
but i'm not going to think about that for another day and a half.

it's surreal, being home again.  with natalie back from london, all my sisters coming over for family dinner, my nephew william learning to walk, fresh apricots (from our own trees) in my bowl, curling up with my kitties, sleeping in a room with two of my sisters.  but a good kind of surreal.  a restful, beautiful, dream-like kind of surreal.  and i hope it lasts.

at least enough to rejuvenate all my parts - body, spirit, mind, emotions, etc. - enough to go back, just for another two semesters.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to tell you again that I think that you are crazy for going to school during the summer, but congrats for finally being done. As for job searching go to http://jobs.utah.gov/ it is a really good site for job searching in Utah. Good luck, and have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing spring semester!! And yes, you definitely deserve a break. :) To look for jobs, definitely look at the BYU's employment website. They'll have any campus openings on there, which was very helpful for me. They actually have an employment fair next weekend, I think...anyway, you should check that out! The BYU employment office is super nice and helpful. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete