Thursday, March 22

to read or not to read: the hunger games.

i'll be honest.  the last two days of my life have been absolutely consumed with thoughts of the hunger games.  i wasn't going to read the books - child slaughter isn't exactly my thing.  but then... they decided to come out with a movie.  and of course, my sister loves it and will be seeing it in just a couple hours.  my husband loves it. and naturally, i'm more than a little intrigued by the trailer.  so... i changed my mind.

yesterday, i started reading the book.  within the first two chapters, i was already wiping my eyes dry.  who can make a reader connect to their main character that quickly?  i was completely drawn in.  tonight, i have less than a fourth of the book left.  but sleep calls.  after all, i've spent my entire first day off this week devouring the book instead of sleeping, like i planned.  now i'll be sleeping so i can justify eating up the last portion.

i really can't wait to see if the movie does the book justice.  they never do completely {i'm biased that way}, but the previews at least seem enticing.  here's to hoping we get tickets for saturday night.

my fingers are crossed.

and i think i'm going to go read one more chapter before bed....

goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment