Monday, April 1

Cookie Adventures

A week ago (or so) I got a big craving for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. This isn't that unusual, but this time I really wanted to try a different recipe. I've used the same one for as long as I can remember, which goes back to preteen days. Swimming in the backyard pool with my bestie Jessie W. and eating cookie dough to our heart's delight while playing Stratego, now that was what I call a summer break. It's been a long, long time. I've tried other recipes, but they just never seem to measure up... So I stick to the one that tried and true: the cookie recipe of my childhood. But this day, this day I found a recipe to trump all others. My friend, meet The Chocolate Chip Cookie...


Yes, this is the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. Chewy and warm. Crisp on the outside, but ultimately gooey in center. Basically the best cookie I've ever made (which, I'm telling you, was the biggest success of the year considering the condemned oven this apartment houses).

And here's our cookie face:


That might not look like a good face...but it is. I promise.

Recipe credit goes to In the Little Red House. She's right - the sprinkle of salt before baking just does wonders.

1 comment: