Friday, February 15

love day

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'd like to play the LOVE game again! Finding things to love is good for the soul. It teaches my heart to be open and my mind to bring everything back to love. Basically, the love game was for yesterday, but since I'm celebrating all weekend (no, really i am) I figured this was still appropriate. And... when is it not? :)

1. I love sausage and kale for breakfast (with a leftover scone, of course). So yummy! A perfect start to the day.
2. I love having a job where I can read anything I want. Pleasure reading is just as good as I thought it would be back when I had a stack of textbooks next to my bed.
3. I love my fauxhawk. Today it makes me feel like I'm a blue jay.
4. I love knowing there are packages headed my way. I forget all about the mail for weeks sometimes, but when I know something's coming, the anticipation has me thinking of my mailbox every time i come home.
5. I love the kind man who came into work this morning. When people are uncommonly friendly and cooperative, it just makes my day.
6. I love Valentine's Day! I know it just seems overrated to a lot of people, but I love to celebrate love of every kind - love for my family, love for food, love for chocolate and the earth and the birds and love for God. Love makes the world go round and setting aside a day to celebrate that fact is a brilliant idea in my book.
7. I love days I get off work in the early afternoon. It's really wonderful to come home in time to make dinner, exercise and still have time left over for a few projects.
8. Lately, I love a good afternoon run. Typically I think of myself as a morning exerciser, but after some thought I realized that probably a majority of my workouts happen between noon and 3:30 pm. I guess once winter sets in, I can't help but go out in the sunshine when I have the chance!
9. I love having things to donate to Goodwill. I'm so blessed to have an excess in my life, rather than a lack.
10. I love the beginning of the weekend! This weekend, I'm definitely looking forward to some time around my house and outside in the warm(ing up...) weather.

Happy Week of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment