Saturday, April 2

i have a bad case of senioritis.

a few minutes ago i sat down at my desk, opened my laptop {who is slowly earning a name - i've started brainstorming}, opened my little planner, and looked over my homework load for the coming week.

it looked a little like this:

  • monday: discussion paper due, meeting with advisor to make sure i'm on track to graduate when i want to.
    • thoughts: i haven't started this paper yet. . .i wonder if i could get away with skipping it.  i don't really want to meet with the advisor.  i should, but. . .
  • tuesday: seattle travel plans have to be finalized {eek}.
    • exciting, yes!  but the musician just got back from seattle, and he said it was difficult to navigate.  and. . .i'm not exactly a directionless individual, but i know i'm going to get lost.  well, adventure is out there! and coming up fast.
  • wednesday: biography nine page paper due.
    • this is one of those assignments that i hope will teach me never to procrastinate again.  at the moment, i'm on page fifty-five of the three hundred page biography that i have to write a nine page paper about by wednesday.  aaaaand every time i sit down to read, i fall asleep.  yeah, it's that dull.
  • thursday: all day sucked up by the fulton research conference!
    • that's right, folks!  it's finished - our poster is submitted and we're setting up on thursday.  because my schedule is free of classes on thursday, i'll be there the whole day filling in-between for everyone else that has to leave often throughout.  really, i'm concerned {almost most} about my feet.  a whole day standing in dress shoes. . .doesn't sound appetizing to me, especially when my feet already hate my shoe wardrobe.  new shoes before thursday? YES.
  • friday: eight page marriage interview paper due.
    • yeah. . .haven't done the interview yet.  this one will probably be completed {start to finish} on thursday night.
mostly, looking over my planner for next week made me realize that my senioritis is at an all-time high.  despite the fact i have a million things to do, i'm going to make a quick trip to the health food store, play my music really loud, clean my room, make granola to send to allison, and maybe talk to the musician a little more.  honestly, i kind of hope all these deadlines just. . .sort of. . .evaporate! 

*poof!*

gone. 

just like that.

but if not, it'll all be over soon!  for better or worse. . .
{and no, that's not an allusion to anything but my gpa.}

No comments:

Post a Comment