Saturday, February 19

to my nanny

day fifteen.
task: write to encourage a friend and inspire her beauty.



my darling natalie fish,
     have i ever told you you're one of the most beautiful women i know?  you passions in life inspire me, your accomplishments motivate me, and your spirit of adventure gives me strength to do the scary things in life.  the beauty of your faith has strengthened me and fed mine so many times.  as i've seen your determination toward life and happiness and your continual work work work to achieve it, i've realized even more how great your example is.  your insistence upon happiness is contagious.  and that, itself, is beautiful.
     living without you here is lonely, sometimes.  i was so used to your constant bubbly exuberance for life.  your energy and happiness kept me going so many times, kept me seeing the good and the possibilities.  you live with a vibrancy that gives life {full, beautiful life} to everyone around you.
     thank you for playing the love game with me when i needed it.  thank you for letting me cry when i wanted to and telling me to toughen up when i was ridiculous.  i still play those games in my head - and i hope you do, too! the last year and a half of living so easily together has become a part of me.  thank you for giving me that!
    i love you a bazillion.
love,
{your} fishy.

p.s. it's been much too long since i've been properly dipped and bitten.

3 comments:

  1. thanks jessi :) i love you a bazillion too! and come down here, so i can dip you and bite you haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your run!!!! my training has been so wonderful! i can't wait till i just hit the ground and go for a few miles :)

    ReplyDelete