Thursday, November 18

random review, a few lists

okay, it's been a while... {again} so instead of trying to make up for anything, i'm simply going to do one of my favorite things: make a list. and probably include a picture or two.

thanksgiving plans! and plan of attack:
- leave tomorrow (friday) by noon
- create really fabulous driving playlist with all my new favorites from natalie and sabrina (including blind pilot, whom i now love).
- packpackpack tonight.. at some point hopefully.
- buy myself a couple sweaters - or at least long-sleeved shirts. believe me, i NEED winter clothes.
- go running in the morning so i don't get crazy fidgety in the car on the way down to home.

homework level:
- affects sleep level, which is at a monthly low.  fortunately, i've got another night to catch up before driving.
- last assignment before thanksgiving turned in as of 8:30 this morning
- school surprise this morning! both morning classes absolutely canceled. i am sorry my professor is ill, but also very grateful that i could eat breakfast this morning.
- 4 papers to go before the end of the break (big ones)
- two classes to go before the break... i think i can i think i can i think i can i think i can... 

excitement factors:
- i get to see my family tomorrow.
- i get to see my cats tomorrow.
- i get to go shopping in the morning.
- i have a bunch of new exciting music.
- i got to sleep in this morning.
- there are still crunchy red leaves all over provo.
- ivins is going to be significantly warmer than provo.
- all my finals have been moved up - that much closer to the finish line.
- i would have been on time to both of my 8:00 classes this week, had one of them not been canceled - that's progress, i'm telling you!
- i get to read all the books i want to read over the holiday.

the last week{ish}'s events/highlights:
- genni smashing nilla wafers with a hammer
- only one night of less than three hours of sleep
- speaking in church - glad to have done it, glad to have it over with
- listening to lady gaga with sabrina dancing like crazy in the car
- laughing more at comedy sportz, with the whole crew of us here
- one and a half days running this week (and one yoga day) - not hitting quite the mark, but still much better than expected this week
- starting my christmas shopping (that's right, sabrina - you were first!)
- drawing christmas names in my apartment (i have genni!)
- redesigning {slightly} the blog.  i was in desperate need of a change - however subtle.
- olive garden fhe
- a couple of really interesting experiences with crazy boys
- romeo & juliet: anticipated heartache, discovered freedom. allison, you are my favorite.
- really great hearttohearts
- pumpkin chocolate oats and bananas
- pumpkin pie oatmeal
- pad thai
- the emergency room for two hours (it had been a while - luckily, this time i wasn't the one with the bracelet)
- going to bed at 12:00, waking up at 11:30
- going to bed at 3:45, waking up at 6:30
- professor ripping apart my paper
- professor commending my paper
- professor condoning my eye-rolling and acknowledging my honesty in doing so
- helping hailey with math on less than three hours of sleep
- late birthday present from natalie - book by brian doyle! 
- wearing a high-wasted skirt and being happy about it
- finally doing my laundry
- cornbread and toothpaste... then the lack of toothpaste
- cookies from mom
- new potential favorite game: atlantis
- and of course, spit. the game, you know.

what a week! and only one more to go till thanksgiving. november has flown, hasn't it?



2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! lots and lots!! and I can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!! :D

    ReplyDelete