Wednesday, November 10

black ink

today is monumental.  today, my printer officially prints in black.
for the last several weeks (probably more like month or so), i have printed papers in blue, green, and red.  sticky notes stuck on the front page of every hard copy turned in assignment apologizing for the strange colors - i simply couldn't get my hands on black ink.  i bought ink twice: both times it was the wrong cartridge for my printer.  that fact alone makes me want to run around in circles ranting about ink cartridge sizes and conspiracy theories and college student budgets and the end of the world.

luckily, last night natalie went to costco.  we realized just two or three days ago that costco will refill our ink cartridges for much less than buying a new one.  at least, we had heard the rumor.  little did i know, that fact alone would save me more than fifty dollars this week!  that's right.  ten dollar refills.  costco, you are my hero.

but i've had a slight realization... after printing my first paper in a month in black ink, i realized that i kind of liked all these colorful papers!  it was like a signature... a stamp or mark stating this is the work of a gal that loves color!  unfortunately, i don't know how much my aging professors would like to read yellow ink after all the other colors have run out... and to tell you the truth, this semester, i'd rather not test those limits!

so, thank you costco, for refilling the ink cartridges of desperate students for a much more reasonable price than all the alternatives.  i am, for the rest of the semester, in your debt!

3 comments:

  1. haha thats great!! i think you should just keep printing in color though....if i was a professor it would be nice to read a colorful paper after reading stacks of dull black ones...know what i mean? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is so dull in black and white. Isn't it happy that we see in color??? Even if we are required to live in black and white, we can still see it in color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica! Thank you so much for helping me out with my project! I loved reading your thoughts on love. So great to have people want to help me out. If you want to pass the message along that would be GREAT!

    thanks so much.
    miss :)

    ReplyDelete