Thursday, July 15

homemade bread

a little while ago, i had a little bread adventure.  believe it or not, as much as i love to cook and bake, bread-land was unmapped territory.  natalie, my more-experienced-in-bread-making sister, helped me out, and oh gracious did it turn out wonderfully!  there's simply nothing like homemade bread to soothe the soul and warm the heart.

my mother's fantastic wheat grinder above, and our color aprons below.





in the process....


right before the oven...


and wawlah! some of the most delicious wheat bread i've ever tasted.


the only problem is that i have one more thing to buy before moving back up to provo.... bread pans!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE it!

    i made homemade bread at the very beginning of spring and it was incredible! made me wonder why i stayed away from it for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. making that bread was super fun! we need to establish that habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I'm so glad you've joined the bread-making world. :) I've been playing around with it too, but you made me realize something: I don't have bread pans either! Yup, one more thing to add to the list for back-to-school...:D

    ReplyDelete