Friday, July 23

grateful

as a moment of gratitude, i'm going to talk about running, again.  i know i've been going on about how much i love running quite a bit lately, but indulge me at least once more!  i started running about two years ago.  before that, i couldn't run.  as i've mention briefly before, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when i was fourteen after more than four years of searching to the answer to my fragile health.  currently, i consider myself free of all diagnoses.  overcoming the mental crutch is half the battle, and in my opinion i've been healed (which is of course a long journey that never really ends), but i digress.

i can run now.  maybe not quite with the ease that i'd like, but i can do it.  i've been running for an hour a day for the last month (my goal is still going, i've only missed one day so far!).  i don't run the whole time, probably about 40 minutes of the 60 i'm out.  but simply for the fact that i actually can run now, i love it.  every morning when i when i start to sweat, my heart pounds, and my breathing speeds up considerably, the thought foremost in my  mind is, "thank you.  thank you, Father for letting me experience this joy.  thank you for allowing me to run and helping me be healthy enough to run every single day."

i am so grateful for my body that can run.  i'm thankful for my health, and the knowledge that the journey i've taken to gain it has given to me.

1 comment: