Friday, February 11

all you need is love.

day nine.
question: what virtues do you value in yourself?



finding a way to answer this question is making me squirm a little bit.  to make myself squirm less, i'm going to pick one virtue i value in myself and use a very valid excuse: i've been listing the last several posts even though the challenge didn't ask me to.  so. . . for this one, i feel like i'm off the hook.

although sometimes it gets me into trouble, makes me look slightly ridiculous, or pushes me a little bit on the over-zealous side of the scale, i love.  i love easily, i love so many different things, and i love with all of me.  i'm grateful that i'm a passionate person and that i feel things with intensity.  maybe this seems like a bit of a contradiction: we are commanded to love one another and also to bridle our passions.  however.  i believe it is a virtue to be passionate about life - to truly take deep and powerful enjoyment in living.  i value that characteristic a great deal, and i'm thankful that i have enough love.

enough love for the people that will come into my life.
enough love for the places i'll go - the unusual and familiar.
enough love for all the different things i'll see, hear, smell, taste, and touch.
and enough love to love all the things i love in my past and all things held in the future.


and somewhere deep, i think i have that love for myself, too.  the love shelf just needs a good dusting-off, i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment