Saturday, November 6

birthday!! and a shocking surprise.

yes, that's right.  this week {thursday} was my twenty-first birthday.  because the last year has sincerely taken me for a whirl, i'll be updating soon.  new profile.  new layout.  new life lists.  new goals {i do this by birthday more than by year...i think it makes them more personal}.  new pictures.  new-ish me. . . . but not really more grown-up.  i've officially decided i don't believe in growing up.  not that i'm throwing responsibility to the wind and joining the peter pan generations, here.  i'm just not growing up in the usual sense.. i'm growing up in the literal sense.

thanks mostly to the saintly natalie, my birthday celebration was an absolutely fabulous blast.  she made me breakfast, bought me a package of guilty pleasure veggie corndogs, planned, organized, decorated, and more.  a little group of close friends {natalie, sabrina, beth, genni, and me} went to dinner at happy sumo  - YUM sushi. so so great.  later that night, we played spit for hours, watched emperor's new groove, ate mountains of cupcakes, threw over a hundred yellow balloons around, played some kazoo, attempted an unsuccessful learning session of killer bunnies, and generally had a ball.  my birthday had really been kicked off the night before {starts at midnight!} with a thrilling, ear-splitting round of happy birthday by the general living room crowd.

mostly, i felt loved - which is what a birthday is all about.

sadly, the decorations came down yesterday in preparation for our vigorous cleaning checks {PASS}.

and now for my news...
this coming summer, i will not be blogging from little happy valley.  i won't be blogging from home-sweet-home-ivins, either.  i'll be blogging from seattle!
shocked?
i was, too.

remember that internship i applied for?  well, there are two branches: one in provo, one in seattle, washington.  i applied for the provo branch.  logically, i'd be close to home, wouldn't have to drive my car all over a huge city...it just made sense.  but guess what?  they offered me a spot in seattle.  and guess what?  i took it!  i'm nervous, anxious, eager, excited, scared, anticipatory, still shocked, horribly sad to be leaving my family for a solid four months, fabulously thrilled by the thought of such a huge adventure, and feeling so many different and contradictory things i don't know how to react. except for excited. i am that.  also nervous. i know i'm that, too.
did i say nervous?

satisfactorily, i can now say to my dear little future: i found you!

adventure, here i come!
i feel a little like buzz lightyear. see, for me, seattle is practically infinity.  i can't even imagine what beyond would look like!

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy you had a good birthday :) and also, I'm excited for you to go to seattle! even though you'll be away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Celebrating Jessi is a good thing! And I have mixed emotions on Seattle, but everyone needs a little adventure. Ships must leave the harbor to do what they were really meant to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(

    i thought you were going to be blog-ing on a daily basis!!?!?!?!?!! hmmmmmmm...


    i say do so :)


    salut
    jm

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, speaking about growing up...

    try this out...

    and yes it may sound self obsessed, self infatuated hahaaa..but do it..

    go through your photos on fbook..scan and view through the "main ones" that people have tagged you in..start with the most recent!! and once having viewed all of em..you will come back to the most recent one on your birthday!!!

    kraaaaaaa-zyyy to see how much we grow up and how vivid it can be!!!! :)

    salut
    jm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Seattle internship - some of my best friends from college just moved there a couple months ago! They like it, and I think you will too :)

    ReplyDelete