Wednesday, October 6

pumpkin addict

i bought canned pumpkin in the stores for the first time a few days ago, and i celebrated!  i don't think i've ever loved pumpkin so much as i do right now.  i bought four cans.  even if they aren't nearly gone, next time i pass the grocery store i'm going to buy six. the time after that eight, and so on.  i simply can't get enough of it!  the stores always run out at the most crucial times, and this year, i will be prepared with plenty of extra pumpkin in my pantry.  really, if i had my way i'd want to buy enough to last until next october, through the very pumpkin-less summer.  but... that might be a little far fetched!  hopefully i'll save it up at least through the winter!

last night i had the most delicious pumpkin pie smoothie, with just a hint of chocolate.  i still have pumpkin muffins left over for my breakfast this morning.

but i need more recipes!  what's your favorite pumpkin recipe or autumn food obsession?

6 comments:

  1. Confession: Last winter I bought a bunch of big cans of pumpkin when they were only $1-ish at Maceys, and I still have them. My favorite recipe, mostly because it's the easiest, is:

    -1 can pumpkin
    -1 box cake mix (devils food or spice cake)
    -chocolate chips

    and I believe you put it in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, or something like that, and it makes the easiest muffins/cupcakes ever! And they taste better the next day, actually. And they freeze well. And am I definitely making these soon to give to the sisters in my ward? Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins too late last night to have one, but we did have them for breakfast and they were yummy! Also, we (Gavin and I) made pumpkin cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting for after Conference Saturday evening, then we ate them while we played a big game of UNO. (I am so glad you blogged today.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pumpkin overnight oats with chocolate soft serve. but wait, you already know that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pumpkin chocolate chip cookies... my all-time favorite cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought a CASE of pumpkin. Pumpkin makes everything better. Some of my favorites right now are: pumpkin garlic knots from neverhomemaker.com, pumpkin pie green smoothies, and pumpkin oats. Oh, and the pumpkin chip cupcakes with spiced buttercream were amazing, too!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete