Wednesday, August 18

less than two weeks, and time to get excited!

okay! so classes start soon soooon, and i'm starting to get excited about these ones.  i only have two semesters left, one of which i'll have a part-time internship (if things go according to plans.... see previous entry. ha!), so all my classes are upper-division and most are pretty small sections.  small classes are my favorite - easier discussion, more personal relationship with the professor, and of course SO much easier to get to know everyone else in the class.

here's the line-up:

- cross-cultural family and human development
- advanced family processes
- family adaptation and resiliency
- writing in the social sciences
- and of course,
- doctrine and covenants (part i)

cross-cultural family and human development sounds particularly exciting to me at the moment.  i always loved the studies i read in my other classes in that area.  and oh, the professors!  two of these are from the same professor, one i've had for lower-division and loved.  i actually have quite high expectations for one professor, in particular.  a mr. willoughby.  {really. you can't get a more romantic name than willoughby.}  i've heard nothing of him, yet.  but for his name alone, i expect to be sitting in rapture two days a week for over an hour.

speaking of days of the week, i'm trying a new schedule layout this semester - one i've wanted to pull off for a while.  i don't have any classes on monday or friday, and only one on wednesday.  hello, four day weekends! it'll be interesting to see how it works though.  the hope is that it will give me more effective morning study time (if i know myself at all).  it'll sure make for loooong days on campus!

speaking of... i also need a small lunchbox.  keep your eyes open for me!

5 comments:

  1. :( I wish I was going back to college in two weeks.

    My husband started his grad classes back yesterday - just one more year, and he'll have his Masters!

    Good luck with your semester. I hope Mr. Willoughby turns out to be as wonderful as his name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be one busy girl. Cute blog! I love your header

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo willoughby... sounds promising. what class are you taking from him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. um. I love your guts. and I can't for you and your seester to get back up here in Provo. really, really, really.

    xo

    ReplyDelete