Thursday, April 29

rolled up pant-legs

today was an official day: the first official day that ants are taking over my life.  up until today, they have taken over my kitchen and my living room, but never dared invade my most personal spaces.  today, they crossed the line.  over the last several weeks, the ant problem in our apartment has been increasingly worse.  first, i was interrupted while studying by a tiny, pesky black one exploring my toes.  next, one came out of hiding from under our fridge to make a stand for his newly discovered territory; thankfully the stand-off was ended quickly by the short-time official bug-squisher, dustin (thank you, deary).  after that (even though both ants were killed almost instantly) the ants seemed to be attempting a retaliation movement - two of their lives for two of ours.  they covered the floors, walls, counters, and yes, even the ceilings.  every time i left my room, i was armed with shoes, rolled up pant-legs, paper towels for squishing, and wide open eyes scanning all possible surfaces.

at the beginning of the week, after reporting the problem several times to our ever-vigilant management company, my dad called to snap them into action.  they sprayed for ants, finally fixed the toilet handle (yay! two bathrooms again!), and placed ant traps in every corner.  feeling a little relieved, i stopped rolling up my pant-legs when i left my room.  however, sabrina and i are now quite positive that instead of ant-killer, the ant traps contained an illegal version of ant-steroids.  tripling in size, they have now invaded my bathroom and traveled via sabrina's purse into her car.  the really crazy thing is this: sabrina and i are clean... no, i could even say we are meticulous.  however, the ants soldier on.  no amount of cleaning can take care of this one. so, i continue to pray: please, please, please, please take away the ants!! or... if the ants really must stay, at least hide them from my sight so i won't know that i'm sharing my apartment and my life with large, infected, crawling, shiny, squirmy, black bugs.  and i won't complain about continuing to roll up my pant-legs.

p.s. i tried to post a picture of the large black ants we house, but i couldn't bring myself to do it. i deleted it from the computer because it was giving me the creeps! so... go look up a picture of ants yourself if you really need a visual. it just makes me itchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment