Sunday, August 30

week one in number 205

I am a college student - one of many studying to make a way for myself in the world and to make the world I live in a better place. I live on the middle level of a medium sized, moderately priced apartment building situated across the street from a large, gaudy complex with frills and several snug student houses with broken shutters. My building doesn't have frills or broken shutters, although it does have a quite convenient underground parking garage. This is a very ordinary building in this small city (which really feels more like a.. New York sized city or Hong Kong sized city this week).
But I am not ordinary.
I live in Number 205 with a girl from California who is at the moment, watching the new Hannah Montana movie. She has recently vowed herself off the Mexican food from Los Hermanos, the restaurant at which she waits tables, for forty days. She would like our entire apartment to share one large, combined wardrobe, and does not want me to make vegan cupcakes. Her name is Beth. I also live with a Chinese girl who is said to be brilliant. She is studying chemistry and working toward a Doctorate degree. I heard all of this from Beth - who lived with her a week alone before I moved in. Her name is Na Li, and I have only seen her long enough for her to introduce herself. She is pleasant and calm, and while she is at home, stays mainly in her room. And, last the best of all the game, I live with my sister, Natalie, who is a kindred spirit (as Anne of Green Gables would say). We make green smoothies, share clothes, jewelry, advice, and music, and we keep each other sane.
Today is the brink. The last evening before school dominates my existence. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I might get lost. And I miss my kitties.

2 comments:

  1. but you didn't get lost!! (well, for the most part haha) and we have a kitty friend next door! and we are making vegan cupcakes to take over the world no matter what ANYONE says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why doesn't she want you to make vegan cupcakes?? and your kitties miss you too.

    ReplyDelete